Coconut ramen noodles are my favorite base for veggies and yummy homemade Asian Peanut sauce! These taste so much better than rice in Asian dishes and they are so full of flavor thanks to the coconut milk.
About this recipe:
If you are a fan of ramen, you will really love this coconut ramen recipe. The ramen is cooked in coconut milk then after it is drained, tossed in virgin coconut oil to add even more coconut flavor at the end.
I always buy ramen in their own containers which are sometimes labeled Chinese noodles int he store but you can also use the little packets if you cannot find the other version.
When working with canned coconut milk, make sure to shake it really well as the solids and liquids often separate.
The ramen will only take 5-10 minutes from start to finish so it makes for a great quick addition to your meal. You can also add these to Thai Lettuce Wraps or in other wraps for great texture and flavor.
Ingredients you will need for this coconut ramen:
- Ramen noodles also called Chinese noodles. This is not the same as ramen packs with flavor pouches inside. You can usually find this in the International section of your grocery store.
- Canned coconut milk. Not the coconut milk in the refrigerated section.
- Virgin Coconut oil. If you are not familiar with the virgin coconut oil, it is completely unprocessed and still has the flavor of coconut. Regular coconut oil will not have the flavor.
Ways to serve these coconut ramen noodles:
My favorite two ways to eat these delicious coconut noodles are in my Thai lettuce wraps as I mentioned above or as a base for a quick meal of grilled meat and veggies (like the picture above).
If you do decide to use it as a base for some grilled meats and veggies, I would highly recommend trying out my chicken satay without the skewers recipe. This is what I use often and the recipe has the most delicious peanut sauce!
However you decide to use these coconut ramen noodles, I am sure you will love them.
Coconut Ramen Noodles
- can of coconut milk shaken well
- 2 cups of water
- 10 ounces or 1 package of chines noodles (ramen) or 3-4 small packages of instant ramen with spice packet discarded.
- 2 tablespoon of Virgin coconut oil or vegetable oil
- Add your coconut milk and water to a medium pot and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add your ramen and stirring frequently and cook for about 3-4 minutes (or according to the instructions on the ramen package).
- Now, drain the ramen and add back into the pot and add your coconut oil to prevent it from sticking.
- Serve hot, warm or at room temperature with your favorite Asian sauce and veggies.
Nutrition Values are estimates only.See full nutrition disclaimer here