Coconut ramen noodles with peanut sauce is my favorite quick ramen recipe and my favorite base for veggies. These ramen noodles have the most delicious homemade Asian Peanut sauce that everyone will love! I find ramen tastes so much better than rice in Asian dishes and these ramen noodles are so full of flavor thanks to the coconut milk. This easy ramen recipe should definitely be added to your cooking repertoire because it is so easy and delicious.
About this easy ramen noodle recipe:
If you are a fan of ramen, you will really love this coconut ramen recipe. The ramen is cooked in coconut milk then after it is drained, tossed in virgin coconut oil to add even more coconut flavor at the end. It is served with a delicious peanut sauce on the side that is so good.
I always buy ramen in their own containers which are sometimes labeled Chinese noodles in the store but you can also use the little ramen noodle packets if you cannot find the other version.
When working with canned coconut milk, make sure to shake it really well as the solids and liquids often separate.
The ramen will only take 5-10 minutes from start to finish so it makes for a great quick addition to your meal. You can also add these to Thai Lettuce Wraps or in other wraps for great texture and flavor.
Ingredients you will need for this easy ramen noodle recipe:
- Ramen noodles also called Chinese noodles. This is not the same as ramen packs with flavor pouches inside. You can usually find this in the International section of your grocery store.
- Canned coconut milk. Not the coconut milk in the refrigerated section.
- Virgin Coconut oil. If you are not familiar with the virgin coconut oil, it is completely unprocessed and still has the flavor of coconut. Regular coconut oil will not have the flavor.
- Peanut Butter
- Soy Sauce
- Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
How to use these coconut ramen noodles:
My favorite two ways to eat these delicious coconut noodles are just as they are with the peanut sauce (for a quick meal) or in my Thai lettuce wraps as I mentioned above. They are also a great base for a quick meal of grilled meat and veggies (like the picture above).
If you do decide to use it as a base for some grilled meats and veggies, I would highly recommend trying out my chicken satay without the skewers recipe. This is what I use often and the recipe has the most delicious peanut sauce!
However you decide to use these coconut ramen noodles, I am sure you will love them.
Coconut Ramen Noodles With Peanut Sauce
Tried the Recipe? We Would Love To Hear From You In The Comments Below!
- can of coconut milk shaken well
- 2 cups of water
- 10 ounces Chinese noodles (ramen) or 3-4 small packages of instant ramen with spice packet discarded.
- 2 tablespoon of Virgin coconut oil or vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup Low sodium soy sauce
- ½ bunch green onions diced
- 2 tablespoon water plus more if needed to thin out the sauce
- ½ teaspoon Red pepper flakes optional. Use if you like a little spice.
Coconut Ramen Noodles
- Add your coconut milk and water to a medium pot and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add your ramen and cook stirring frequently for about 3-4 minutes (or according to the instructions on the ramen package).can of coconut milk, 2 cups of water, 10 ounces Chinese noodles (ramen), 2 tablespoon of Virgin coconut oil or vegetable oil
- Now, drain the ramen and add noodles back into the pot then add your coconut oil to prevent it from sticking.
- Mix together all the ingredients for the sauce in a medium bowl.4 tablespoon creamy peanut butter, ½ cup Low sodium soy sauce, ½ bunch green onions, 2 tablespoon water, ½ teaspoon Red pepper flakes
- If sauce is too thick, thin with a little water.
- Add coconut ramen to bowls.
- Top with scallions and serve with peanut sauce on the side for people to add to their noodles.
Nutrition Values are estimates only.See full nutrition disclaimer here