Cumin and lime coleslaw is a fresh and flavorful way to make coleslaw that doesn’t taste heavy and makes a great topping to tacos, rice bowls or on its own. The addition of cilantro, lime and cumin make it a perfect fresh flavor to add to your meals. This recipe uses a little mayonnaise and sour cream but vegan friendly versions can easily be substituted and still taste great! This recipe can be easily doubled for a larger group.
I love serving this with my cuban style black beans and some rice. These also go well with tacos or rice bowls like my pulled pork rice bowl. However you use it, it will definitely add a punch of delicious flavor to any dish.
What I love about this recipe:
- It requires no cooking
- It is big on flavor
- It tastes great in so many dishes
Cumin and Lime Slaw
- 8-10 oz of green and purple cabbage mixed I buy bagged shredded slaw for this. You can also use Kale cut up in ribbons with shredded carrots for extra nutrients instead of the cabbage.
- 1 lime
- 1 tsp of cumin plus more to taste
- 2 tbsp of chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp of sour cream
- 2 tbsp of mayonnaise
- salt and pepper to taste I use about 1/2 tsp of each
- Optional: I small shallot thinly cut
- In a large bowl add your mayonnaise, sour cream, cumin, cilantro and shallot if your are using it. .
- Next add your cabbage mix
- Now squeeze the fresh lime over top and add your salt and pepper. Mix well so all of the ingredients come together. It may look a little dry but once it sits it will come together and moisten.
- Let sit for about 30 minutes to an hour covered in the refrigerator
- Serve with your favorite taco, rice bowl or meal