Warm mulled apple cider is a symbol of all the flavors of fall. It is a warm drink that is full of warm fall spices and it is so simple to make. An added bonus to making this drink in your home is that the apple and cinnamon scent fills your home with it’s beautiful aroma. Once the temps drop, this is the drink you need to make!
Warm Mulled Apple Cider
- 1 gallon store bought apple cider not apple juice. You can usually find apple cider in the produce section of your grocery store in the Fall.
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 tbsp clove or to taste
- 1 orange peel I just peel an orange and eat the inside and use the peel. Just make sure you use the peel right away while the oils in the orange skin are still fresh.
- 1 star anise you can substitute all spice berries for this
- 1 piece of cheese cloth You can omit this but just make sure to skim the spices out at the end before serving
- In a large stock pot add all of your apple cider and turnt he heat to medium
- take your cheesecloth if using and wrap all of your spices (except orange peels) in it and tie it closed with some kitchen twine. If you do not have these things then just make sure you skim the spices out of the cider at the end of mulling.
- Now add your spices and orange peel to your pot of cider
- Once your cider starts to show steam coming off the top, turn heat to low and simmer for at least 30 minutes. I like to keep it on the stove for a few hours to scent up the house but you will loose some of the cider with evaporation.
- Once your cider has been cooking for 30 minutes or so, ladle out into mugs and enjoy.
You May Also Like