If you are looking for an amazing homemade popsicle recipe to make this summer, this strawberry and basil popsicle recipe is for you. The basil flavor in this is really amazing and goes so well with the sweetness of the strawberries. In fact, strawberry and basil is one of my favorite combinations.
I enjoy desserts with fresh herbs and basil is a great one to add to them. Really, strawberry and basil is a flavor combination that is on repeat in many of my recipes. One of my favorites is a super refreshing Strawberry and Basil Mocktail that is perfect when you don't want alcohol but you want a somewhat sophisticated drink in hand.
These homemade strawberry popsicles are not your usual popsicle recipe where everything is blended to a puree and frozen. It is a more delicate and sophisticated homemade popsicle and is enjoyed by kids and adults alike.
To make these homemade strawberry popsicles, you will first need to make a strawberry basil simple syrup. This is very easy and takes about 5 minutes. You just want to make it ahead of time so that it has time to cool down before you make the popsicles.
Once you try it and see how delicious this strawberry basil simple syrup is, you will quickly want to make a bunch for other recipes and cocktails.
The ingredients are pretty straight forward when making these strawberry popsicles. There are only a few ingredients you will need.
Here is what you need to make these homemade Strawberry Popsicles:
- Fresh Basil
Once you make the strawberry and basil simple syrup, the rest is all about assembling. From there you just add it all to your popsicle molds and freeze according to the manufacturers instructions.
Here is How to Make These Basil and Strawberry Popsicles
- Make your simple syrup.
- Then you will add water and lemon to that to make your base.
- After that, slice some more strawberries and add those to your popsicles molds along with a piece of fresh basil.
- Pour your liquid in to your popsicle molds.
- Freeze for about 4 hours.
The fresh strawberries and basil just give it that beautiful look and show people what they are eating. The simple syrup you make is where all the flavor comes from.
Words cannot describe how amazing this homemade popsicle tastes. It is really easy and so beautiful to look at.
I would even serve these to guests as a dessert on a hot evening. I am certain everyone would enjoy it!
Homemade Strawberry and Basil Popsicles
Tried the Recipe? We Would Love To Hear From You In The Comments Below!
- 1 pint fresh strawberries cleaned and tops removed
- ½ lemon squeezed and juiced
- 15 medium sized basil leaves
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 ½ cups of water
- Make your simple syrup by combining your ¾ of your strawberries, sugar, half of your basil (you are saving the other half of the basil for adding into the popsicle molds later) and water in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Once the sugar is dissolved, simmer on low heat for 2 minutes.
- Now remove from the heat, add your lemon juice and place a lid on it and let cool.
- Once it has cooled, remove the basil and strawberries and discard.
- Grab the remaining strawberries you didn't use and slice them thin.
- Add 2 strawberry slices to each popsicle mold.
- Now add one fresh basil leaf to each popsicle mold
- Pour your liquid mixture into the popsicle molds making sure to not over fill and following the manufacturers instructions.
- Place them in the freezer and freeze for 4 hours or preferably 24 hours.
- Remove your popsicles from their molds based on the manufacturers instructions and enjoy!
Nutrition Values are estimates only.See full nutrition disclaimer here