If you are looking for an amazing homemade strawberry popsicle recipe to make, these strawberry popsicles with fresh basil are for you. The basil flavor in these strawberry popsicles are really amazing and goes so well with the sweetness of the strawberries. In fact, strawberry and basil is one of my favorite combinations and once you try these popsicles, I know you will love it too.
About these strawberry popsicles
I enjoy desserts with fresh herbs and basil is one of the best herbs to add to them. Strawberry and basil is a flavor combination that is on repeat in many of my recipes.
One of my favorites is a super refreshing Strawberry and Basil Mocktail that is perfect when you don't want alcohol but you want a somewhat sophisticated drink in hand.
These homemade strawberry popsicles are not your usual popsicle recipe where everything is blended to a puree and frozen. It is a more delicate and sophisticated homemade popsicle and is enjoyed by kids and adults alike.
The ingredients for these strawberry popsicles are pretty straight forward when making these strawberry popsicles. There are only a few ingredients you will need.
- Fresh Basil
How to Make Strawberry Popsicles
- Make your simple syrup.
- Then you will add water and lemon to that to make your base.
- After that, slice some more strawberries and add those to your popsicles molds along with a piece of fresh basil.
- Pour your liquid in to your popsicle molds.
- Freeze for about 4 hours.
To make these homemade strawberry popsicles, you will first need to make a strawberry basil simple syrup. This is very easy and takes about 5 minutes.
You just want to make it ahead of time so that it has time to cool down before you make the popsicles.
Once you make the strawberry and basil simple syrup, the rest is all about assembling. From there you just add all the ingredients into your popsicle molds and freeze according to the manufacturers instructions.
Once you try it and see how delicious this strawberry basil simple syrup is, you will quickly want to make a bunch for other recipes and cocktails.
Why this popsicle recipe works
The fresh strawberries and basil just give these strawberry popsicles that beautiful look and show people what they are eating. The simple syrup you make is where all the flavor comes from.
Words cannot describe how amazing this homemade popsicle tastes. It is really easy and so beautiful to look at.
I would even serve these to guests as a dessert on a hot evening. I am certain everyone would enjoy it!
Popsicles are made with a liquid as the base and flavoring and sometimes add ins like fruit. The liquid and flavoring is then frozen to make a popsicle.
Homemade popsicles can be very hard because there is too much liquid and not enough sugar. Sugar helps the popsicles soften.
More Strawberry Recipes:
Homemade Strawberry Popsicles with Basil
Tried the Recipe? We Would Love To Hear From You In The Comments Below!
- 1 pint fresh strawberries cleaned and tops removed
- ½ lemon squeezed and juiced
- 15 medium sized basil leaves
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 ½ cups of water
- Make your simple syrup by combining your ¾ of your strawberries, sugar, half of your basil (you are saving the other half of the basil for adding into the popsicle molds later) and water in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Once the sugar is dissolved, simmer on low heat for 2 minutes.
- Now remove from the heat, add your lemon juice and place a lid on it and let cool.
- Once it has cooled, remove the basil and strawberries and discard.
- Grab the remaining strawberries you didn't use and slice them thin.
- Add 2 strawberry slices to each popsicle mold.
- Now add one fresh basil leaf to each popsicle mold
- Pour your liquid mixture into the popsicle molds making sure to not over fill and following the manufacturers instructions.
- Place them in the freezer and freeze for 4 hours or preferably 24 hours.
- Remove your popsicles from their molds based on the manufacturers instructions and enjoy!
Nutrition Values are estimates only.See full nutrition disclaimer here