Homemade strawberry popsicles with basil are really delicious and so easy to make. With sweet basil, fresh strawberries, and an easy simple syrup, these popsicles are the perfect summertime treat.
These refreshing popsicles are one of my favorites in the Summer when fresh strawberries and basil are abundant. We make lots of homemade popsicles and these are definitely at the top of my list.
These homemade popsicles are the perfect make-ahead treat for those summer months and they couldn't be easier to make.
Why you'll love these strawberry popsicles
- Fresh herbal flavor: These popsicles have fresh basil which is the perfect flavor combination with strawberries.
- Refreshing: These strawberry popsicles are light and refreshing and perfect for the Summer.
- Great for kids and adults: Everyone enjoys eating these popsicles. They are great for entertaining or just for one.
The ingredients for these strawberry popsicles are simple. Here is what you will need.
- Fresh Basil
How to Make Strawberry Popsicles
- Make your simple syrup. To make these homemade popsicles, you will first need to make a strawberry simple syrup. This is very easy and takes about 5 minutes.
- Mix Ingredients: Add lemon juice to the simple syrup. Lemons always brighten up the flavor of strawberries.
- Assemble: After that, slice some more strawberries and add those to your popsicle molds along with a piece of fresh basil. Pour your liquid into your popsicle molds.
- Freeze: For about 4 hours.
Once you try it and see how delicious these popsicles are, you will quickly want to make them all the time.
Popsicles are made with a liquid as the base and flavoring and sometimes add-ins like fruit. The liquid and flavoring is then frozen to make a popsicle.
Homemade popsicles can be very hard because there is too much liquid and not enough sugar. Sugar helps the popsicles soften.
These popsicles are great just the way they are but here are some ideas if you want to change up the flavors with flavored simple syrup:
More like this
If you love these popsicles, you may also like these:
More Strawberry Recipes:
- Strawberries and Cream
- Balsamic Strawberries
- Strawberry and Goat Cheese Crostini
- Strawberry Galette
- Strawberry Top Simple Syrup
- Strawberry Cheesecake
- Italian Strawberry Basil Mocktail
Homemade Strawberry Popsicles with Basil
Tried the Recipe? We Would Love To Hear From You In The Comments Below!
- 1 pint fresh strawberries cleaned and tops removed
- 12 medium sized basil leaves
- 1 ½ cup of granulated sugar
- 1 ½ cup of water
- ½ cup lemon juice
Strawberry simple syrup
- Make your strawberry simple syrup by combining ¾ of your strawberries, sugar, and water in a medium saucepan over medium heat.1 pint fresh strawberries, 1 ½ cup of granulated sugar, 1 ½ cup of water
- Once the sugar is dissolved, simmer on low heat for 2 minutes.
- Now remove from the heat, add your lemon juice and place a lid on it and let cool.½ cup lemon juice
- Once it has cooled remove strawberries and discard.
- Grab the remaining strawberries you didn't use and slice them thin.
- Add 2 strawberry slices to each popsicle mold.
- Now add two fresh basil leaves to each popsicle mold12 medium sized basil leaves
- Pour your liquid mixture into the popsicle molds making sure to not over fill and following the manufacturers instructions.
- Place them in the freezer and freeze for 4 hours or preferably 24 hours.
- Remove your popsicles from their molds based on the manufacturers instructions and enjoy!
Nutrition Values are estimates only.See full nutrition disclaimer here