A moist and delicious pumpkin cake recipe is something every should have on hand. Pumpkin cake is definitely a Fall type dessert but I can eat it all year long. You can technically call this a pumpkin bread since it is a more dense pumpkin recipe.
I like to call it cake since to me, cake sounds more like a dessert than bread and this pumpkin cake is definitely a delicious dessert.
This cake is named moist and delicious pumpkin cake because it almost tastes like you are eating pumpkin pie, because it is so moist and full of flavor. Pumpkin pie is a favorite dessert for around here and this cake can definitely rival it.
The ingredients you will need are:
- canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling but plain canned pumpkin)
- baking powder
The ingredient list may seem long but it is actually very easy and manageable, I promise! It is also completely worth all the effort because this pumpkin cake is that good.
What is the difference between canned pumpkin and pumpkin pie filling?
The difference between these two is the canned pumpkin pie filling is full of its own spices which we do not want. This will also have some sort of sweetener in too.
The plain canned pumpkin is just the pumpkin and nothing else. This is always the one you want to bake with since you can control all of the ingredients.
I love time savers in the kitchen but here is not one of those times to do that with the wrong canned pumpkin.
I have tried many pumpkin cake recipes and this is by far the best one. In fact, I have been using this recipe for over 12 years now! Give this a try and I am sure you will be adding it to your rotation for years to come.
For More Fall Recipes:
Moist and Delicious Pumpkin Cake
- loaf pan or round cake pan
- 1 stick of softened unsalted butter 8 ounces
- 1 2/3 cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie puree but plain pureed pumpkin
- 1/2 cup very warm milk microwave for about 1 minute
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pre heat your oven to 350 degrees
- grease and flour a round cake pan or loaf pan (this is when you grease your pan then add a couple tbsp of flour and coat the greased pan by turning the flour around your pan until it is all coated)
- Grab 2 bowls. In the first bowl add your flour, spices, baking powder and baking soda and set aside.
- In your other bowl add your butter and sugar and cream it with a hand mixer until it is fluffy.
- Next, add your eggs and mix well until it is incorporated.
- Now add your pumpkin, vanilla and milk and mix well.
- Next, add your dry ingredients from the other bowl and mix by hand just until it is all incorporated.
- Pour your batter into your prepared pans
- If you are using a cake pan, bake for about 50-60 minutes or just until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.If you are using a loaf pan, place loaf pan on a sheet tray (to prevent any leaks) and bake for about 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
- When done, remove from the oven and let cool for 15 minutes
- Once cool, take a knife carefully around the edge and loosen the cake from the pan. Then invert it (place a plate on top and flip it over on tot he plate) and let cool for another 15 minutes
You May Also Like