I make quiche at least once a week because it is so easy and it tastes amazing. There are so many variations that you can use based on what ingredients you have in your refrigerator. This makes quiche a great way to use up leftovers and odds and ends you may have. It is for us a great meal planning dish because I can make a couple of these quiches at one time and we have breakfast and/or lunch through the week.
This spinach and pancetta is one of my favorite combos of flavor and good for you too with all of that spinach loaded in there. If you are not into making crusts for the quiche or gluten free, you can simply grease your pie dish and pour the custard mixture right in without the crust!
Hope you give it a try!
Spinach and Pancetta Quiche
- pie plate or quiche pan
- 6 eggs
- 1 bag of fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup diced pancetta cooked well until crispy
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese, gruyere, or cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup milk or heavy cream
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees
- In a large saute pan, heat your olive oil over medium heat
- add your pancetta and cook until crispy
- now add your spinach and cook just until the spinach starts to wilt
- Now take your spinach and pancetta mixture and place in a strainer lightly press it down and let sit over a bowl to drain and cool
- While the spinach is draining and cooling, add your eggs, milk, salt and pepper to a large bowl and mix well
- Now add your cheese to the egg mixture and mix it all in
- Prepare your quiche pan. If you are using a crust, place your pie crust inside your pan.
- Once your spinach mixture is drained and cooled spread this mixture over your crust evenly.
- Now carefully pour your custard mixture over the top of your spinach in the pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until it starts to puff up a bit and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.