Golden milk ice cream is a delicious cinnamon and turmeric spiced ice cream that you will love once you try it. Golden milk is traditionally a drink made from warm milk and spices that contain tumeric which makes the milk a golden color (hence golden milk).
The spice blend is turmeric, ginger, cinnamon and black pepper. You can check it out here: Golden Milk Mix
These spices are said to be good for your health because of the anti-inflammatory properties but I love it most because it tastes amazing! I have over the years used my own golden milk spice blend that leaves out the pepper so that I can use it in baking and ice creams.
When I make a drink with it, I just add a quick twist of black pepper to my drink.
If you have golden milk on hand, it is fine to use that just the way it is for the recipe. I also will include a link to my recipe that you can make at home.
You will probably have all these ingredients right in your cabinet and it is so much cheaper than buying golden milk mix at the store.
For this recipe, I have added the golden milk to my favorite ice cream base which does not use eggs and still the final result comes out amazingly creamy. The flavor of this ice cream is somewhat like snickerdoodle but better!
You can also add chunks of chocolate to your ice cream when serving it to add even more deliciousness.
Hope you give this one a try!
Golden Milk Ice Cream
- ice cream maker
- shallow dish for storing ice cream or ice cream container
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp golden milk mix
- 1 tsp chocolate chips for topping your ice cream optional
- in a sauce pan over medium low heat, add all of your ingredients and stir well just until the sugar dissolves (about 5 minutes)
- remove pan from heat and let cool
- prepare your ice cream maker according to manufacturers instructions
- pour your ice cream base into the ice cream maker and mix until the ice cream starts to look more like soft serve (15-25 minutes)
- once this happens, transfer the ice cream from the ice cream maker to a shallow dish or ice cream container and cover
- place in freezer for at least 4 hours but preferably 6
- Scoop out your ice cream and eat as is or top with chocolate chips