S’mores pie homemade holiday gifts is the best gift you can give someone at the holidays. It is the perfect way to spoil someone special and totally economical. You can throw in some homemade golden milk mix as well as an additional hostess treat.
Ok, I have a confession. I am not a big fan of s’mores. Really. It is a tradition to eat in the summer but it is not my favorite and no matter how many times I have tried it, I have never been wowed.
Then enters this recipe! This s’mores recipe is a game changer for me! When I tried this for the first time, I was in LOVE! Now, I cannot take credit for this amazing creation.
I found this on a website called Mostly Homemade Mom and huge amounts of praise should be going that way for thinking of this! The reason this recipe is soooo good is because the crust is made with graham crackers, brown sugar, butter and flour and it almost tastes like shortbread – YUM.
I realized that I didn’t like traditional s’mores because of the plain graham cracker flavor and this recipe changes all of that. It. Is. Good!
Since I have made this s’mores pie recipe many times (so has my daughter) and it is eaten up, raved about and requested all the time, I decided to make these into homemade gifts for the holiday season. I just know that the people I give these to are going to love them!
Here is what you need to make one of these holiday gifts that makes one full sized smore’s pie:
- a mason jar
- small plastic bags with twist ties or that seals (this holds the marshmallows and chocolate separately).
- brown sugar
- chocolate chips
- graham crackers
This recipe is for making one edible holiday gift. I love making an entire assembly line of ingredients and make a bunch of these as gifts to give out. If you are already doing the work for one it is just easier to do multiple ones.
This makes a edible homemade gift is great for:
- hostess gift
- friends (especially those who think they can’t bake because this one is fool proof)
- teens (what teen doesn’t love a sweet dessert!)
When you make this gift, don’t forget to print out the notes section of the recipe and include that with the gift. This is the instructions for the gift recipient on how to make the s’mores pie.
If you are looking for an amazing s’mores recipe or a heart felt holiday gift this season then give these a try!
S’mores Pie Homemade Holiday Gift
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 quart sized Ball Jar
- 2 small clear plastic decorative bags for packaging marshmallows and chocolate chips I find these at my local arts and craft store in the cookie isle
- Directions for making the jar holiday gift:
- Fill a small clear plastic cookie bag with your marshmallows and seal with a twist tie or knot.
- Fill a small clear plastic cookie bag with your chocolate chips and seal with a twist tie or knot.
- In a medium bowl, measure out your graham crackers, brown sugar and flour and mix well.
- Now place your mixture on a sheet of parchment paper or similar and fold in half and carefully pour mixture into your glass jars.
- Next, add your chocolate chip bag into the jar. You may have to wiggle it around a bit to get it in there.
- Now, add your marshmallow bag into the jar. Again, a little wiggling may be necessary.
- Seal your jar with a tight fitting lid and add any decorations you wish!
- Print our this recipe and cut out the instructions on how to make the s'mores pie (in the notes section of recipe) and attach these instructions to a card and attach to the gift
You May Also Like