Olive oil fried egg with roasted asparagus and prosciutto is the ultimate savory easy breakfast recipe that you will fall in love with once you try it.
I know eggs are nothing new but sometimes we need a little inspiration to change things up a bit like with this fried egg dish served over roasted asparagus and fresh salty prosciutto. This dish was inspired by a trip to a restaurant in Boston a few years ago. I can’t remember the name of the restaurant anymore but I do remember this dish!
The ingredients you will need for this easy breakfast recipe are very simple:
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- crusty bread (optional but highly recommended)
This is such an amazing combination and such a great way to start your day. Savory breakfasts are my favorite and this is one of my go to choices. It is not complicated since you can start roasting your asparagus while you drink your morning coffee and then half way through the roasting, you can start frying up your egg (or eggs if you are making this for more than just yourself).
It may seems like a lot of parts to this dish but once you start cooking it everything it comes together in just minutes and then it is just assemble and eat! Such a treat on the weekend or during the week!
For more savory breakfast inspiration with vegetables:
Olive Oil fried Egg with Roasted Asparagus and Prosciutto
- 1 bundle of asparagus
- 1 tbsp of olive oil for asparagus and 2 tbsp of olive oil (for eggs)
- 4 slices of thinly sliced prosciutto
- 2 eggs
- Crusty bread for serving optional
- Clean and rinse your asparagus.
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add your asparagus to a roasting pan and drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Roast in the oven for about 10-15 minutes until it just starts to brown.
- Remove from oven cover with aluminum foil and set aside.
- In a large saute pan over medium heat add 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Add your eggs one at a time to your pan being careful not to let them touch.
- Sprinkle your eggs with a little salt and freshly cracked pepper.
- Cook eggs for about 5-7 minutes until the white part is completely set and cooked all the way through but the yolk is still runny.
- Once eggs are cooked turn off the heat.
- To assemble:
- Lay out 2 plates
- Add your asparagus to the plates.
- Gently fold 2 pieces of prosciutto over each plate’s asparagus and top that with the fried egg.
- Serve with crusty bread to soak up the yolk (optional)
You May Also Like