Olive oil fried egg with roasted asparagus and prosciutto is the ultimate savory easy breakfast recipe that you will fall in love with once you try it. This olive oil fried recipe is so simple and takes only minutes to make making it the perfect quick breakfast.
About this olive oil fried egg recipe:
I know eggs are nothing new but sometimes we need a little inspiration to change things up a bit like with this olive oil fried egg dish served over roasted asparagus and fresh salty prosciutto.
This dish was inspired by a trip to a restaurant in Boston a few years ago. The combination of the fried egg with prosciutto and asparagus is so delicious and it will keep you full until lunch.
The ingredients you will need for this olive oil fried egg with prosciutto and asparagus
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- crusty bread (optional but highly recommended)
Why eggs fried in olive oil are so delicious:
If you haven't tried frying eggs in olive oil, you are in for a real treat with this recipe. Frying eggs in olive oil keeps the eggs really moist, crisps up the edges and imparts a subtle olive flavor to the eggs.
Making this recipe
This is such an amazing combination and such a great way to start your day. Savory breakfasts are my favorite and this is one of my go to choices.
Making olive oil fried eggs with prosciutto and asparagus is not complicated since you can start roasting your asparagus while you drink your morning coffee and then half way through the roasting, you can start frying up your egg (or eggs if you are making this for more than just yourself).
It may seems like a lot of parts to this dish but once you start cooking it everything it comes together in just minutes and then it is just assemble and eat! Such a treat on the weekend or during the week!
For more breakfast inspiration
- Brussels sprouts hash with pancetta and shallots
- Turmeric potatoes
- Ricotta Pancakes
- Granola Cups
- Brioche French Toast
- Baked Condensed Milk French Toast
- Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies
Olive Oil fried Egg with Roasted Asparagus and Prosciutto
Tried the Recipe? We Would Love To Hear From You In The Comments Below!
- 1 bundle of asparagus
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil for asparagus and 2 tablespoon of olive oil (for eggs)
- 4 slices of thinly sliced prosciutto
- 2 eggs
- Crusty bread for serving optional
- Clean and rinse your asparagus.
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add your asparagus to a roasting pan and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Roast in the oven for about 10-15 minutes until it just starts to brown.
- Remove from oven cover with aluminum foil and set aside.
- In a large saute pan over medium heat add 2 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add your eggs one at a time to your pan being careful not to let them touch.
- Sprinkle your eggs with a little salt and freshly cracked pepper.
- Cook eggs for about 5-7 minutes until the white part is completely set and cooked all the way through but the yolk is still runny.
- Once eggs are cooked turn off the heat.
- To assemble:
- Lay out 2 plates
- Add your asparagus to the plates.
- Gently fold 2 pieces of prosciutto over each plate's asparagus and top that with the fried egg.
- Serve with crusty bread to soak up the yolk (optional)
Nutrition Values are estimates only.See full nutrition disclaimer here
You May Also Like
Jane Brandt says
This was so yummy. I added mushrooms, as they needed to be used. Easy peasy, great meal.
I am so glad you enjoyed it 🙂
We really enjoyed this!
So glad to hear that!
Can't wait to try this one!