Goat Cheese , Caper and Red Pepper Crostini
A quick and delicious lunch or appetizer
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 1 baguette bread
- 1 jar of roasted red peppers found in the Italian section of your grocery. Split your peppers in half since they come whole.
- 1 small log of goat cheese plain at room temperature
- 1 jar of capers drained
- fresh herbs of your choice such as basil, oregeno, parsely diced finely, about 1 tbsp
- 2 tbsp of finely chopped green onions or chives
- finely diced garlic 1 clove, 1 clove of garlic for making the crostini (left whole)
- salt and pepper to taste
In a small bowl mix together the goat cheese, capers, garlic and fresh herbs.
Next, slice up your baguette bread into about 1 inch slices.
Drizzle with olive oil and place under a broiler until golden brown.
When golden brown, take out of the oven and repeat on the other side until golden.
When the bread is done, take a clove of garlic and rub it all over the hot bread to flavor the bread. sprinkle with salt.
Now, take your crostini and spread the goat cheese mixture on it with a knife.
When ready to assemble: place a piece of roasted pepper on top large enough to cover your crostini.
Keep doing this until you have made all of the crostinis.