Quick and Easy Asian Salad
A quick delicious and satisfying salad
Prep Time5 mins
Total Time5 mins
- 1 bag of cole slaw mix
- 1 bag chopped romaine lettuce or 1 head of romaine lettuce chopped
- 1/4 cup of slivered almonds
- 3 tbsp of toasted sesame seeds I buy these in a container already toasted and ready to eat
- 1 package of crunchy wonton noodles.
- Ingredients for dressing:
- 1 cup of mayonnaise or substitute lowfat yogurt
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp of toasted sesame oil optional
- 1/4 tsp of powdered ginger or freshly grated ginger optional
- Water to thin out if necessary
On a large platter, empty your cole slaw bag and mixed lettuce bag on to the platter, tossing it all together until evenly mixed. Now add your crunchy wontons.
Sprinkle your sesame seeds over top.
Next, place your slivered almonds in a small pan over medium heat for 5 minutes tossing occasionally to get them lightly toasted. Remove from heat let cool.
For the dressing, in a medium bowl, mix together your Mayonnaise (or low fat plain yogurt), olive oil, soy sauce and toasted sesame oil (if using this). If the dressing seems to thick, add 1 tbsp of water at a time until it reaches a desired consistency.
Next, take your cooled almonds and add that to your salad. Drizzle your salad with a little bit (or a lot) of your dressing.
Serve the salad with the extra chow mein noodles and remaining dressing on the side.