Buttery and Delicious Oatmeal Cookies
A classic cookie that is simple to make and so delicious
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 2 sticks of unsalted room temperature butter the best quality you can find. European butter is a good choice
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats Here I roll my own oats from oat groats but Bobs Red mill organic old fashioned oats works really well too.
- 1 1/2 cups All purpose flour I prefer to use fresh milled flour but King Arthur is a great option too
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar packed down when measuring
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar for rolling the cookies in before baking
Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees. Make sure to let your oven stay heated at this temperature for at least 10 minutes.
In a large bowl add your butter, brown sugar and mix well with a mixer until smooth and creamy
Next, add your vanilla and your eggs and mix until it all comes together
In a separate bowl, add your flour, oats, cinnamon, baking soda and salt and mix it all together
Add these dry ingredients to your bowl of wet ingredients and mix until it all comes together
Using a small ice cream scoop (or a heaping tablespoon) start to scoop out your dough and roll it into a ball.
Take each ball of cookie dough and roll it in your granulated sugar then place on to a sheet pan leaving 1 inch of space around your cookies since they will spread.
Keep doing this until all of your dough is scooped and rolled into the sugar
Once you have done this, gently press down your cookie balls into a flat disc with the back of a spatula or spoon
Place your cookies in the oven and bake for 12-18 minutes until the cookies begin to brown a little on the sides and on the top.
Once they are cooked, remove from the oven and let them sit on the sheet pan for 10 minutes
After 10 minutes remove from the sheet pan to a cooling rack and let them cool for another 15 minutes before eating.