Indian Vegetable Masala
A delicious all Vegetable Indian Curry
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time35 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 1 large sweet potato or 2 small ones quartered and all the same size
- 4 small red potatoes quartered and all the same size
- 1 red pepper quartered
- 1 head of cauliflower chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic diced
- 1 tbsp of salt
- 2 tbsp of coconut or vegetable oil
- 1 can of chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp of curry powder
- 1/2 cup of milk or cream or coconut milk
- 3 tbsp of Pataks Masala Curry paste or 3 tbsp of curry powder mixed with 1 tbsp of vegetable oil to form a paste (found in the international section of the grocery store
Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees.
In a large sheet pan, add all of your quartered vegetables making sure they do not overlap.
Drizzle over top 1 tbsp of your oil. Now add your curry powder to the vegetables and salt and toss well to coat evenly. Roast your vegetables in the oven until they are fully cooked and caramelized about 30-35 minutes depending on your oven.
While your vegetables are cooking, drain and rinse your chickpeas and set aside for later.;After you have cooked your vegetables, in a large saute pan, heat the remainder of your oil on medium low heat and add your diced garlic. When the garlic is nice and cooked but not browned, add your vegetables from the oven and your drained chickpeas and mix into the garlic mixture.
Now add your Curry paste (make sure you stir your curry paste first since the oil has a tendency to rise to the toand mix well to incorporate it all through your vegetables.
Now add your milk (or coconut milk, or creaand mix in well and let it simmer with a lid on for about 10 minutes.
After it has simmered for a bit, go ahead and remove the lid and let it simmer for another 3-5 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
Season with salt to taste.
Serve with a side of Basmati rice and enjoy!