Mostly From Scratch Amazing Black Beans
An easy and big on flavor black beans recipe
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes 14 oz
- 1/2 of a red pepper finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 15 oz cans of black beans rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup of water
- 2 tbsp of fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1 tbsp of cumin
- 1/4 tsp of oregano
- 1 tsp of salt
- 2 tbsp tomato paste I like buying tomato paste in a tube so I can refrigerate what I don't use.
- 1 tbsp kosher salt plus more to taste
In a medium saute pan over medium heat, add your olive oil, red pepper and garlic and saute until they begin to soften about 5 minutes.
Now add your canned black beans, water, fresh cilantro, tomatoes, tomato paste and all of the spices and mix well.
Bring to a simmer
Once it comes to a simmer, turn your heat to low and cover to simmer for about 20 minutes until the tomatoes begin to soften a bit and the flavors come together
Remove from stove and taste for seasoning.
Add salt to taste.
Serve over rice or alongside meat and enjoy!