A delicious Spanish soup perfect anytime of year.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 large onion diced
- 4 large carrots peeled and diced
- 2 cans 14 1/2 oz. each white hominy rinsed
- 1 rotisserie chicken shredded and juices from it's container saved
- 1 tsp dried oregano-
- 1 large poblano chiles diced seeds removed
- 1 serrano pepper diced optional if you like heat
- 4 garlic cloves diced
- 1 small can diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- shredded queso blanco
- 1 diced avocado
- lime wedges
- 3 radishes (any variety) sliced thin
- sour cream
- broken tortilla chips
Heat your olive oil and red pepper flakes over medium heat in a heavy bottom soup pot.
Once heated add all of your veggies (not including hominy and garnishes) to the pan and cook for about 3-4 minutes.
Add salt to your veggies and cook for another minute.
Add your chicken stock, hominy, oregano and diced tomatoes and any juices from the chicken and stir well.
Now add your shredded chicken and mix and then cover and simmer on low heat for about 30 minutes
Prepare your garnishes while your soup is simmering.
Once soup is ready, taste for salt and pepper and add to taste.
Serve soup with garnishes on the side.