Curry Coconut Vegetable Soup With Ramen Noodles
A delicious and easy soup that everyone will love
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 1 tbsp.vegetable oil
- 1 small spanish onion diced fine
- 2 red bell peppers chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp curry powder orange curry powder
- 1 tbsp kosher salt plus more to taste
- 1 13 fl oz. can coconut milk shaken well
- 2 boxes of 32 oz no sodium chicken stock about 6 cups
- 2 tbsp of fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 small bag of snow peas rinsed and cleaned
- 1 large bag or container of fresh baby spinach (about 16 oz)
- 1 large package ramen noodles (about 10 oz) chinese noodles or 4 small instant ramen packages, seasoning discarded. Break your ramen noodles up so it is easier to eat with a spoon.
- Lime wedges for squeezing over top of soup when serving I like to give 2 wedges per person
In a large pot over medium heat add your oil.
Once the oil is hot, add your onions, garlic, snow peas and red pepper and saute until the onions become translucent, about 4-5 minutes.
Next, add your chicken broth and coconut milk and stir well.
Now add your curry powder, your salt and your cilantro and mix well again.
Add your fresh spinach stir and cover.
Bring to a light simmer and reduce heat to medium low and let simmer for 5 minutes to let the flavors come together. While it is simmering, cut up your limes into wedges and put aside for later.
After the soup has simmered for 5 minutes, increase the heat to medium and add your ramen noodles then mix well continuously so they do not stick.
The ramen should only need about 3 minutes to cook.
Once the ramen is cooked through, taste for seasoning.
Add more salt if it needs it.
Now, turn off the heat and ladle the soup with the ramen into bowls and serve with the lime wedges on the side for everyone to squeeze over top.
The recipe is a larger one that will feed a family of 4 for 2 nights. You can also half the recipe if you need to for a smaller group.