Cumin and Lime Slaw
A quick and delicious asian slaw recipe
Prep Time5 mins
Total Time10 mins
- 8-10 oz of green and purple cabbage mixed I buy bagged shredded slaw for this. You can also use Kale cut up in ribbons with shredded carrots for extra nutrients instead of the cabbage.
- 1 lime
- 1 tsp of cumin plus more to taste
- 2 tbsp of chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp of sour cream
- 2 tbsp of mayonnaise
- salt and pepper to taste I use about 1/2 tsp of each
- Optional: I small shallot thinly cut
In a large bowl add your mayonnaise, sour cream, cumin, cilantro and shallot if your are using it. .
Next add your cabbage mix
Now squeeze the fresh lime over top and add your salt and pepper. Mix well so all of the ingredients come together. It may look a little dry but once it sits it will come together and moisten.
Let sit for about 30 minutes to an hour covered in the refrigerator
Serve with your favorite taco, rice bowl or meal