Coconut Milk Fudge Bars are my newest obsession! This creation came about last summer when I was trying to beat the heat here in Texas which can top 105 degrees in the summers.
When it is this hot outside, healthy, tasty and cool is what I am looking for in my food. Another reason I like making my own fudge bars is I really haven’t been impressed with fudge bars from the store lately. They are either too hard or lack flavor. These coconut milk fudge bars completely fix these issues!
With only a few ingredients, you can have these fudge bars made in the morning and frozen for eating in the evening. The ingredients are going to be much healthier than what you would buy in the store and you can customize it to suit your needs. Basically, I consider this popsicle a healthy dessert!
The ingredients you will need to make these fudge bars are:
- Coconut milk
- Chocolate (I prefer dark chocolate but any chocolate will work fine)
- cocoa powder
- vanilla extract
- a little milk or water
When making these, you can use any popsicle mold you have on hand and just follow the manufacturer’s instructions for how high to fill the molds and how to release them. My trick to an easy release of popsicles from their molds is to place the mold (once the popsicles are frozen) into a warm water bath that goes at least half way up the sides. Just leave it in the water for 5 seconds, test if they are loosening and if not place back in for another 5 seconds. Continue this until they start to release!
I actually do enjoy eating fudge bars all year round, not just in the heat. With this recipe, there is just the right amount of chocolate and creaminess (from the coconut milk) that really satisfies my sweet tooth. Anytime that I have a sweets craving I like to reach for these and know that they are not packed with tons of calories.
If you love simple sweet treats like this, then you should check out my mango lassi recipe as well! While it is a drink, it reminds me more of a shake and it is as refreshing as a fudge bar. I alternate between these two things in the summer instead of the alternative, eating ice cream so that I am not filling my body with junk!
Hope you give it a try!
Coconut Milk Fudge Bars
- 1 1/4 cups of coconut cream/1 can the solid part of the the coconut milk in a can without the coconut water. You can place the can of coconut milk in the refrigerator to seperate nicely beforehand.
- 4-6 tbsp of milk or water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp of melted chocolate of your choice
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp of honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a high speed blender, mix all of your ingredients on high until it is well blended and you see no lumps (about 1-2 minutes on high speed).
- Pour the fudge mixture into your popsicle molds according to manufacturer instructions
- Place in the freezer for at least 6 hours but preferably overnight
- Remove from mold and enjoy!