Looking for a festive item to make for Halloween but don't love elaborate or candy filled treats? If you answered yes to any of this, then these are for you!
Pumpkin Rice Kripsie treats are made with only a little bit of pumpkin puree and are very lightly flavored with pumpkin in the final product which for my family is a big win because they are all purists when it comes to rice krispie treats 🙂
If you do like extra flavor you can add pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon to give it a big punch of Fall flavor.
Either way you do it, it will certainly be a big hit at your next Halloween gathering!
Pumpkin Rice Krispie Treats
Tried the Recipe? We Would Love To Hear From You In The Comments Below!
- 4 cups plain marshmallows
- 4 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 stick of butter
- ⅓ cup pumpkin puree
- butter a 9x11 baking dish and set aside
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, melt your butter
- Next add your pumpkin puree and marshmallows to the pot and keep stirring until the marshmallows are completely melted
- Once the marshmallows are melted, turn off the heat and add your rice krispies and keep stirring until all of it comes together
- Pour your mixture into your pan and take a piece of plastic wrap and place over top and press down your rice krispie mixture until it is all even on top
- let cool for about 1 hour
- cut your cooled treats into squares and enjoy
- refrigerate any uneaten treats for up to 3 days
Nutrition Values are estimates only.See full nutrition disclaimer here