If you are looking for a festive Halloween dessert, then these pumpkin Rice Krispie treats are the answer. A classic recipe with a twist.
About these Pumpkin Rice Krispie Treats
These pumpkin-flavored Rice Krispie treats are made with only a little bit of pumpkin puree which makes them very lightly flavored but just enough for flavor so you can see a beautiful orange color. They are a healthier alternative to using orange food coloring and are just as festive.
I am sure this is not original and it probably has been done by others, but just in case you haven't tried making these, I wanted to share them so you can make them for your family.
This recipe has been my version of making a healthier Halloween treat for my kids over the years. While it still has lots of sugar, I always preferred this to big bags of candy they brought home from trick or treating.
If I could fill them up with home-baked treats, I figured they would eat less candy and you know what, it works!
Don't forget to decorate the table with fun ghouls and ghosts to really make this extra special when serving.
- Pumpkin puree. I like to use pure pumpkin puree but you can also use pumpkin pie puree which has some added Fall spices.
- Rice Krispies. I use the brand name one but by all means, use any brand you have on hand.
- Marshmallows. Store-bought large or mini marshmallows work great. You can also make your own homemade marshmallows.
- Butter. My recipe for these classic treats uses a bit more butter than the traditional recipe. My family loves it this way but you can reduce the amount of butter if you prefer.
There are not many ingredients in these and you may already have many of them in your pantry.
- These have a very light pumpkin flavor. If you do like extra flavor you can add pumpkin spice or cinnamon to add even more Fall flavor.
- You can also add little candies (like candy corn) to the Rice Krispie mix if you want. It is totally up to you.
Either way, you do it, it will certainly be a big hit at your next Halloween gathering!
If you love these pumpkin Rice Krispie treats, here are some ideas of things to serve with them:
More Fall Recipes
Pumpkin Rice Krispie Treats
- 4 cups plain marshmallows
- 4 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 stick of butter
- ⅓ cup pumpkin puree
- Butter a 9x11 baking dish and set aside
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, melt your butter1 stick of butter
- Next add your pumpkin puree and marshmallows to the pot and keep stirring until the marshmallows are completely melted⅓ cup pumpkin puree, 4 cups plain marshmallows
- Once the marshmallows are melted, turn off the heat and add your rice krispies and keep stirring until all of it comes together4 cups Rice Krispies
- Pour your mixture into your pan and take a piece of plastic wrap and place over top and press down your rice krispie mixture until it is all even on top
- Let cool for about 1 hour
- Cut your cooled treats into squares and enjoy
- Refrigerate any uneaten treats for up to 3 days
Nutrition Values are estimates only.See full nutrition disclaimer here
Tried the Recipe? We Would Love To Hear From You In The Comments Below!