These granola cups are simple and delicious and just small enough to take a big bite and they are gone. This is a base granola recipe with just oats and nuts but dried fruits or chocolate can be added as well.
Homemade Granola Bites
- 1 cup of quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup of almonds
- 1 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 tbsp of unsalted butter
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/8 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of honey
- Dried fruit diced optional
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a mini muffin tin and set aside.
- On a large sheet pan add your coconut, oats and almonds and cook them (turning occasionally) for about 8-10 minutes until they are nice and toasted and starting to brown.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Lower your oven temperature to 300 degrees.
- In a medium pan over medium low heat add your honey, vanilla, brown sugar, salt and butter. Bring to a light simmer and mix well. As the mixture heats up all of the ingredients will begin to melt together and become one cohesive liquid. Once this happens, remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl add your oats mixture (and dried fruit if you are using) and then add your sugar mixture to that and mix well.
- Now scoop out 1 tablespoon of your mixture into each of your mini muffin tin cups. Keep doing this until all of your mixture is used up.
- With the back of your spoon, press your mixture down into the muffin tin cups so that it is nicely packed in there.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until the granola cups start to turn a golden brown color.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Now with a knife, pop them out of the muffin tin and let rest another 10 minutes. Enjoy!