Homemade golden milk mix is such a healthy and easy way to add flavor to so many drinks and dishes. It is of course amazing when it is added to milk to make traditional golden milk. We love using this golden milk powder as an addition to coffee , homemade ice cream , shortbread cookies , snowball cookies cookies or any other drink or dessert that can use a bit of warm flavor added to it.
About Golden Milk Spice Blend:
Golden Milk spice blend is an extremely delicious and healthy way to boost your immune system. One of the great benefits of it is that it is full of anti-inflammatory properties.
This homemade golden milk powder is so delicious and it is usually added to warm milk, coffee or tea and can replace the need for flavored creamers that so many people use.
History of Golden Milk-
If you are not familiar with golden milk, its roots date back many years and it is used in Ayurvedic medicine. The exact mix of ingredients is debated and some say the addition of cinnamon is a western culture addition.
In either scenario, the current version works and tastes great.
I am not here though to prove the exact recipe origin, just share the way we use and refer to golden milk today and my golden milk recipe. I am ok with all of the ingredients as they are since they are all healthy ingredients and beneficial to our health.
Why you should make your own golden milk powder at home
When you buy golden mix powder at the store it can be quite expensive. Making your own golden milk powder at home is much more economical and it is very easy.
Most of the ingredients in this golden milk spice blend you will probably have in your pantry and you can adjust the ratios of the spices to suit your needs.
The spices that make a traditional golden milk blend
- black pepper.
I like making my golden milk spice blend without the black pepper so I can use it for baking and desserts but when I make a warm mug of golden milk I add the pepper then. This is what I mean about the benefits of making your own golden milk mix.
How to make traditional golden milk powder:
This homemade Golden Milk mix can be used to make golden milk the traditional way by adding one teaspoon of it to a warm mug of milk (golden milk) or added to anything you make that you want to add a punch of health or added flavor.
Pro-Tip: You can also substitute regular milk for coconut milk if you are trying not to consume dairy.
Some creative ways to use your homemade golden milk spice blend-
- Ice cream, like my golden milk ice cream.
- Hot tea
- You can add this turmeric based spice blend in your coffee. Golden milk Lattes are the best! To make a golden milk latter, just add 1 tablespoon of the mix to your latte and mix well.
- Regular coffee flavor addition (in place of flavored creamers). Just add a heaping tablespoon into your morning coffee and mix well.
- Cookies, like my spiced eggnog cookies which are actually made with golden mix mix.
- or anything else that would taste great with the flavor of cinnamon.
Golden Milk Mix
Tried the Recipe? We Would Love To Hear From You In The Comments Below!
- 1 tablespoon dried ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon dried ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon dried ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper Optional. You can omit this part if you want to use the golden milk in baked goods or coffee.
- Measure out all of your ingredients into a small container
- Mix well
- Cover your container and use when needed.
Nutrition Values are estimates only.See full nutrition disclaimer here