Cherry limeade is one of those all American drinks that is so refreshing and full of flavor and a great way to cool down during those hot summer days. Plus, cherries and limes are in abundance during the summer and this drink is a great way to make use of them. This cherry limeade is easy, delicious and the perfect summertime drink.
This cherry limeade is definitely a great one to add to your recipe list for ways to use cherries in the summer. It is also a great refreshing drink the rest of the year as well.
I like to think of this as a healthy cherry limeade alternative to Sonic's cherry limeade. The best part is that to make this cherry limeade you will need only a few ingredients and it is a great recipe to get the kids to help you in the kitchen.
Trust me, this is the drink you will want to make all summer. I always have this in my drink rotation, along with my lavender lemonade , lavender water, basil lemonade and my basil simple syrup.
All are great drinks for the hot summer months.
Ingredients for this cherry limeade
- Limes (fresh squeezed is best). I do prefer using fresh limes for this cherry limeade but you could use bottled lime juice as well.
- Cherry simple syrup (this is a simple mixture of cherries, sugar and water). This is the cherry flavor in this cherry limeade.
This recipe calls for fresh limes that are squeezed and strained, about a cups worth. For me, this is usually about 1 small bag of limes at the store but it can vary based on the size of the lime that you buy.
If you are not into squeezing your own limes, fresh lime juice can also be used.
I love having a pitcher of this on hand in the summer as a special drink for the family or for when I am having friends over. Since this drink is a fresh juice drink, you will want it give it a nice stir before serving as the juice will settle a bit.
How to make cherry limeade
This recipe for cherry limeade gets it flavor from cherry syrup and fresh squeezed limes. Here is what it looks like:
- Make the cherry simple syrup. Add the cherries, sugar and water to a medium saucepan and let it simmer for 15 minutes. For this recipe I used frozen cherries because they were available.
- Pour cherry syrup through a strainer. Once the cherries, sugar and water have simmered in the saucepan for a little bit, you want to pour it all through a strainer. Here you want to press out any of the remaining cherry juice through the strainer with the back of a large spoon.
- Let cool. Now just let the strained cherry simple syrup which will be very warm, cool down to room temperature. Once it is cooled you can refrigerate it and use it in this cherry limeade recipe or in any other recipe that needs a simple syrup!
- Mix it all together. Once the simple syrup is cooled, juice your limes and add it to the simple syrup and mix well.
That it it!
How to serve this all natural cherry limeade
- I love to serve this cherry limeade in a large pitcher alongside glasses full of ice for everyone to pour their own drink.
- Add a lime garnish (optional)
This cherry limeade is so simple and so delicious! It is perfect anytime of year whether it is winter or summer and so refreshing.
If you are looking for ideas of what to serve with this cherry limeade, here are some of our favorites:
More recipes with cherries
If you love this easy cherry limeade recipe, you may also want to try some of these other recipes with cherries:
You can store cherry limeade for up to one week int he refrigerator. Just makes sure to mix it well before serving.
Yes. You can use fresh or thawed frozen cherries to make this cherry limeade.
Tried the Recipe? We Would Love To Hear From You In The Comments Below!
- 1 cup Cherry Simple syrup see recipe above or below in instructions
- 1 cup fresh lime juice pulp strained out. One cup of limes is usually about 1 small bag of limes from the store.
- 2 cups water or more to taste if you prefer a less sweet juice
- Make your Cherry simple syrup and allow to cool fully. This can be done the day before.
- Next, juice your limes to make 1 cup of lime juice
- Strain out any pulp from the lime juice through a fine mesh strainer over a bowl.
- Pour your lime juice into a large pitcher.
- Now add 1 cup of your cooled cherry simple syrup. Reserve any extra for cocktails!
- Add your 2 cups of water
- Mix well.
- Grab some large glasses and fill with ice
- Pour your fresh cherry limeade over ice and enjoy.
Nutrition Values are estimates only.See full nutrition disclaimer here
Yum yum yum. I will be making this all year 🙂